A travelling group of ten ·èÂí¸èÎèÐã staff visited two Christian school systems in and around Melbourne this week and then flew to Hobart to take part in the National Leadership Summit (NLS) for Christian Schools Australia (CSA).
The group left Perth on Sunday (6 August 2023) with Dr Gregg Weaver setting up the school visits ahead of the group. Dr Weaver previously worked in Melbourne and was the unofficial tour guide, taking the group to Christian College Geelong on Monday and then Crest Education on Tuesday.
These research experiences allow ·èÂí¸èÎèÐã staff to see schools and school systems in operation, so that, upon returning to Perth, the findings of these trips can be presented to colleagues in their schools, the Senior Leadership Team (SLT) and the ·èÂí¸èÎèÐã Board. There is much that can be learnt from these different Christian environments as we seek to deliver relevant, contemporary and life-changing education in our schools.
On Tuesday night, the group travelled to Hobart in readiness for the CSA National Leadership Summit (NLS), which included keynote presentations and excellent video resources from international speakers including: Dr. Jon Eckert, Mr Gabe Lyons, Dr. Lynn Swaner, Dr Andy Wolfe and Dr. Graham Stanton.
This research trip included the following ·èÂí¸èÎèÐã staff:
- Mr Craig Hunter (Principal â€“ Kalamunda Christian School),
- Ms Kylie Retallack (Head of Student Wellbeing â€“ Mundaring Christian College),
- Mr Rod McNeill (College Principal â€“ Mundaring Christian College),
- Mr Sidney Rajanayagam (Chief Human Resources Officer â€“ ·èÂí¸èÎèÐã),
- Mrs Richelle Schokman (Head of Primary â€“ Northshore Christian Grammar School),
- Mr Terry Eason (Associate Principal â€“ Swan Christian College),
- Mrs Michelle Cockrell (Head of Primary â€“ Ellenbrook Christian College),
- Mrs Laurelle Coto (Head of Primary â€“ Southern Hills Christian College),
- Dr Gregg Weaver (Chief Education Officer â€“ ·èÂí¸èÎèÐã), and
- Dr Graeme Cross (Chief Executive Officer â€“ ·èÂí¸èÎèÐã).