Earlier in the year, it was decided by the Senior Leadership Team (SLT) to pursue a shared Learning Management System (LMS) for ·èÂí¸èÎèÐã schools. Dr Gregg Weaver (Chief Education Officer â€“ ·èÂí¸èÎèÐã) was tasked with creating a ·èÂí¸èÎèÐã-wide team that could work together to recommend a common platform to the SLT and the ·èÂí¸èÎèÐã Board that will meet the needs of our respective schools.
The team will make suggestions regarding a long-term implementation strategy that integrates with our TASS (The Alpha School System) setup.
This weekâ€™s meeting saw representatives from SchoolBox, a software group that has had success in Christian Schools Australia (CSA) schools, present to the group. Other software solution companies are also being invited to present their products and systems at future meetings.
The discussions around products, project timelines and deliverables will continue into the new year, with Dr Weaver sure to be kept busy with this project!
The working party at this week’s meeting was comprised of:
- Dr Gregg Weaver (Chief Education Officer – ·èÂí¸èÎèÐã)
- Mr Wayne Fewster (Head of ICT – ·èÂí¸èÎèÐã)
- Mr Andrew Twine (Head of Digital Learning – Swan Christian College)
- Mr Terry Eason (Deputy / Associate Principal – Swan Christian College)
- Mrs Marion Poynton (Head of Swanonline)
- Mrs Lize Janse van Rensburg (·èÂí¸èÎèÐãâ€™s Application and Technology Officer)
- Ms Julie Siebermaier (Secondary Academic Administrator – Mundaring Christian College)
- Mr Matt Dufty (Head of Secondary – Ellenbrook Christian College)
- Ms Angel Hanna (Secondary Dean of Curriculum – Northshore Christian Grammar School)
- Mr Craig Hunter (Principal – Kalamunda Christian School)